What is The Red Movement?
In South Africa, 3 in 10 girls miss up a week of school every month because they can’t afford menstrual products. The Red Movement is all about working together to change this by providing menstrual cups to girls in need.
How is Smartunderwear involved?
We will donate one menstrual cup (R100) to Move Africa as part of The Red Movement Campaign with each Adira Period Panty order we receive. They will then match each one, cup for cup and distribute them with their partner organisations to girls in need.
Why a Menstrual Cup?
Benefits of Move Menstrual Cups
- Reusable up to 10 years
- Worn for up to 12 hours as opposed to pads which last between 4-6 hours
- More convenient as they hold more fluid than other methods
- More affordable than any other sanitary product
- Safer to use than pads or tampons as they dont dry the vagina. This preserves the heathly bacteria that protect against vaginal infections
- Discreet as they eliminate the issue of odor which develops when the mestrual fluid is exposed to air
What can you do?
- Place your order for Adira Period Panties and we will do the rest!
- You can also pledge a cup by visiting moveafricaco.com
- Follow us on Social Media and share our posts to spread the word!
- Be part of RED LIPSTICK FRIDAYS by posting a selfie in red lipstick! Tag Move Africa and use #theredmovement #end periodpoverty #redlipstickfriday
- Get your friends involved!